Tuesday, December 6, 2016

Nearpd in The Judaic Studies Classroom

Nearpod is a great tool to engage students in learning text. I have created Nearpod classes for most of the chumash lessons I teach. I first started using Nearpod in "Teacher Mode" as a tool to engage all my students in the classroom. Nearpod made all my students active learners.

Nearpod gave me the ability to send slides to my students devices, and the students   share their responses with the class. The ability to draw and highlight on top of pictures is what drew me to nearpod. 

This year, I have been using Nearpod in "Student Paced Mode". As a meaningful homework assignment, the student reviews the pessukim and answers questions on each passuk by highlighting the answer in the text. This also helps me check on my students grasp of the material by looking at the reports generated for each session.


Here is an example of what my student
Homework:


Share:


No comments:

Post a Comment