Wednesday, December 14, 2016

Buddy Poke: A very easy animation creator


I played with the  Buddy Poke app to create a video to help a student who needed a review of the Mishna we were learning in class.  With buddypoke you can record fun talking avatar videos. I was able to create a short (and silly) animation in the same amount of time it takes to record myself. My students were enthralled by the videos and they started making their own videos at home. Because this is an app which is linked to social media I couldn't have the app installed on the ipads at school.

Last summer, I shared my videos with my colleagues at the AVI CHAI design studio with Better Lesson
a few of the teachers brought this back to their 1st  grade classroom. Their students used Buddy Poke to  create Hebrew videos for stories they wrote.

Here is clip with an intro to the first Mishna in Mesechet Brachot: 




Here's a short clip explaining the morning Zmanim

No comments:

Post a Comment