Thursday, February 9, 2017

Snow Day Learning: Nearpod Conference Call

With school closed due to the snow storm I gave my students the opportunity to connect and learn Torah together. My students joined a conference call (Free Conference) and logged into a Nearpod lesson. The Students shared Nearpod slides with each other and discussed and shared what they are doing to celebrate the snow day.



I then sent them slides and explained the different Brachot and exceptions to the rules. Nearpod gives me the ability to control the students screen. Every 3-4 minutes I send out  a few multiple choice questions and I get immediate feedback on their participation and comprehension of the material. Teaching 30 students at a time is so easy over the phone! I press *7 and I enter presenter mode, all the user are muted and they share feedback on Nearpod. My students were excited to try this mode of learning and it worked!


.

No comments:

Post a Comment